Try something New

Have you ever seen somebody in public by themselves, and felt sad for them, or thought they were lonely?

My question is why do we quickly assume these people are unhappy, sad or lonely? As a society, I have noticed it is Taboo to do things in public as an individuals and not with others. Some of these activities includes eating alone, drinking, going to the movies, and numerous other activities. In my opinion, I feel the ability to do these activities alone represents a strong independent trait. I do understand not everyone is outgoing or outspoken compared to others. At the time rather you are shy or spontaneous, I recommend you should go and try the things you like to do. 

The reason why I wanted to discuss this topic because I want more people  to go out and do the things they love to do. I've talked with many people who were either married, engaged, dating and single. The common answer people told me why they don't do certain activities because they didn't want to be alone, or thought it was awkward to go out by themselves. On the contrary, I would ask them if they saw a couple together and questioned if both couples were happy doing a particular activity with one another? We can't assume the people we see together are a lot happier than a solo person. Even deeper that lonely person, may not even be lonely. They could be dating a significant other, but they are doing something that I like to do, which is having fun. Of course sharing an experience with somebody else is enjoyable, but just imagined some of the things you can discover about yourself.

Down below I created a short list that I would like for you to try out by yourself. Then beneath that list, I created a short film list I recommend watching to encourage your fear of doing something alone. If this isn't your cup of tea, then at least you tried. Have Fun!

Things to do alone...

1. Check out a new bar.
2. Eat at new restaurant.
3. Watch a film at the theatre.
4. Check out your favorite artist at a concert.
5. Go to a new fitness class.

Film list...
1. Eat, Pray Love
2. Forrest Gump
3. Into the Wild
4. 7 years in Tibet
5. The Color Purple

Cheers,
Lee IV


Comments

  1. Might I add to the movie list...."The Theory of Everything". (peace)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment