Day 1 in Seattle

G'day Mates,

After being on the train for 41 hours, I finally arrived in Seattle, Washington. The reality of this feeling still feels unreal. The feeling is more like going on an unlimited holiday that does not have an ending. As I got off the train with my three luggages and a backback, I took a deep breath of the fresh morning brisk air. Then I said to myself, "is this really real." Afterwards I requested an Uber to the Green Tortoise Hostel. This is the hostel where I will be working and staying at for the next two months. Thus far my coworkers seem like pretty cool people from all over. Some of the locations are Madison, St. Louis, Ontario, Toronto and Montana.

As I dropped of my luggaged in my room and showered to refresh. I noticed there were a free walking tour to a small neighborhood of Seattle called Fremont. Of course me being curious I quickly jumped on board to join this tour. As I was waiting for the tour to kick off, I met this person named William from Swisterland. He is traveling by himself and staying in Seattle for a couple of days, after being in Portland, Oregon. Once the tour guide showed up we hoped on a Fremont city bus to head across the bridge. We passed a man-made canal that allows ships to enter the port from Salt water to Fresh water passage. Walking around we entered the Fremont Sunday Market, and tried some good food and drinks. From Afgan cusine to local Kombucha breweries. For the record, Seattle people surely do love their coffee. From glass bottles to cartons to press coffee in a cup.

After going through the market we checked  out the emfamous Troll Stucture under the bridge, then scrolled down the bike path to Gas Works Park. This park is beautiful from all angles. There is a great view of the city skyline, numerous of boats and seaplane tours and  beautiful houses along the coast line. As a tip this is a great spot to come visit for the Fourth of July where over 4,000 people come to the park and watch the firworks from the middle of the river. The neighborhood around is very unique with a mixture of a music, food and art scene. No matter what part of town you visit, each neighborhood is diversed with everything.

The day ended with free tacos and beers for dinner. This was an unqiue way to meet other people from the hostel. Ironically , I  met people from Wisconsin. No matter where you go in the world, you always meet people from where you are from. Well it is time to get some rest and see where the next adventures lies next.

Cheers,
Lee IV



Comments